You have just completed the reading of sections 1 and 2 of Sir Gawain and the Green Knight. Now, it is time to go back and review what you have just read. Before completing this activity, think about some key events:
- Setting: Camelot, New Year’s Eve, then Christmastime one year later
- Key players: Gawain, King Arthur, the Green Knight, the lord of the castle (Bertilak), the lord’s wife
- Main events: the Green Knight’s challenge, Gawain’s acceptance, Gawain’s departure from Camelot to seek the Green Knight, his arrival at the castle the following Christmas Eve, his deal with the lord of the castle
For this lesson, you will be completing a SWBS story map and reviewing it with your instructor during a discussion-based assessment. This map is used to review the sequence of events in a reading selection. SWBS stands for Somebody, Wanted, But, and So. You use these general statements to help explain the events of the passage you have read.
Check out the SWBS example featuring Goldilocks and the Three Bears.
Now, it is your turn to try. Create your own SWBS story map using the main events for sections 1 and 2 of Sir Gawain and the Green Knight. Try to include as many details as you can remember so you can use this during your discussion-based assessment with your instructor!
Lesson 10: Sir Gawain and the Green Knight
- Carefully review the assignment directions. Do not submit this assessment until after you have completed the discussion-based assessment with your instructor.
- Go to the Assessment area and submit your completed product as A Monsters Lesson 10 Sir Gawain and the Green Knight.
For complete directions on how to participate in a discussion, submit work, and attach files in the assessment area, please go to the Course Information area.