03.06 Covalent Bonding and Lewis Structures: Pre-Lab and Rubric
Before You Begin: You may either copy and paste this document into a word processing program of your choice or print this page.
Research the answers to the following questions on the internet and write your answers in your own words. For each answer, include the address of the web site (or title and author of a book or article) that you used to help you answer the question.
- Which type of compound usually has higher melting points: ionic compounds or covalent compounds? What is the reason for this difference in melting points? (3 points)
- Do ionic compounds conduct electricity as: (3 points)
- Aqueous solutions (when the ionic compounds are dissolved in water)?
- Do covalent compounds conduct electricity as: (3 points)
- Aqueous solutions (when the covalent compounds are dissolved in water)?
[ Close this window ]